Drug Driving Traffic Lawyer
- Cannabis (THC – delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol)
- Methylamphetamine (speed, ice, crystal meth, base)
- Ecstasy (MDMA – methylenedioxymethylamphetamine)
Any traces of the drugs above and you will be penalised with court imposed fines up to $1400 and loss of licence for up to nine months – even for a first offence in QLD. In NSW penalties can include fines up to $2, 200, up to 9 months in jail and licence disqualification for a first offence. If you are caught drug driving a second time and your first offence is still to be heard by a court your licence will be immediately suspended in QLD. It is therefore extremely important that you have the best representation when dealing with a drug driving offence in court.
- More information about drug driving penalties in QLD
- More information about drug driving penalties in NSW
Knowledge and experience are the only tools to use when so much is at stake. If you’ve been charged with a drug driving offence in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Tweed or Northern NSW area, contact Carl Edwards – Solicitor to discuss your options.